Monday 2 December 2013

Two weeks until the real work begins!

Today I managed to drag my sorry butt out of bed for an early morning run and it felt good - only did 30 mins but it's still the longest run i've done for well over a month.  I have been going out, just at night and for 20 mins at a time so it was reassuring to know I can still manage 30 mins without stopping for a break!

The reason i'm making an effort to get back out on the early runs is because marathon training starts two weeks today. Woo hoo....AND i'm looking forward to it like a nutter!  There was a bit of doubt as to whether I was going to go for the marathon this year or postpone it until 2015, as last week I managed to bag myself a new job - on the other side of the country! This will mean training around a whole life move but I figured that as long as I get all the long runs done everything will be fine and to just go for it. After all, I have spent the last 6 months telling everyone i'm doing it so i'm as sure as hell going to give it my best shot! 

This is so true......

No comments:

Post a Comment