Sunday 16 June 2013

Just popping out to the shop.

It's Sunday, the day of rest and recovering from Saturday night!  Not for me any more, at half past six this morning I was starting what was to become my longest run ever.  I was only aiming to do just over 4 miles but when I got to two miles away from home, to the next town along the A2, I kept going for another half mile so I would have more time for walking at the end of the run. Before I knew it I was halfway through Teynham outside costcutters, which is exactly 2.5 miles away from home! Instead of making the most of the extra half mile walk at the end of my run I couldn't help but carry on running, the desire to push myself seems to get stronger every time I go on a long run.

As hard going as it was though, I did it and in just over 58 minutes so that puts me on course for just over 5 hours to complete the marathon, which is exactly what I'm aiming for.  Most definitely a rest day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment