Thursday 6 June 2013

No Music, No problem.


This morning I got up late and was  intending to have a day off but oh no, once I had woken up a little more, the road was calling me and I had to go out!  Didn't have much time so I threw my running gear on and bounded out the door with barely a thought for what I was taking with me.  

Anyone who knows me will know that I am at my happiest when I've got music around me so I normally run with headphones super-glued to my head at all times, but today I left them indoors.  Surprisingly, I had a good run.  Did a mile in 10:08 then had a little jog/walk back home and I didn't get half as bored as I thought I would as it's quite nice hearing the birds tweeting in the trees and even the sound of my own footfalls on the pavement provided me with a rhythm I was soon singing along to in my head.  In the future I'll be saving the music for the long weekend runs!

No comments:

Post a Comment